Accreditation & Recognition
SACAP is a leading accredited independent provider of education in Applied Psychology and offers learner a range of accredited degree, diploma and certificate programmes.
We are registered as a Private Higher Education Institution in terms of section 54 (1) (c) of the Higher Education Act, 1997 (Act 101 of 1997), and regulation 16 (4) (a) of the regulations for the registration of Private Higher Education Institutions, 2002. Registration Certificate Number: 2005/HE07/001. Ongoing recognition status ensures that students are exposed to courses that are academically sound, and which deliver graduates with an accredited qualification.
- Registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) as a private higher education institution terms of section 54 (1) (c) of the Act and Regulation 16 (4) (a). Registration certificate number 2005/HE07/001.
- Accredited by the Council on Higher Education and registration of the following qualifications by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) on the NQF:
- NQF level 5 – Higher Certificate in Counselling and Communication Skills (SAQA ID 84966)
- NQF level 6 – Advanced Certificate in Counselling and Communication Skills (SAQA ID 88524)
- NQF level 6 – Diploma in Counselling and Communication (SAQA ID 62729)
- NQF level 7 – Bachelor of Applied Social Science (SAQA ID 90844)
- NQF level 8 – Bachelor of Psychology (SAQA ID 84166)
- NQF level 8 – Postgraduate Diploma in Coaching
- All accreditations are for both sites of delivery i.e. at the Cape Town and Johannesburg campuses and Online Campuses
- Membership of the Association of Private Providers of Education, Training and Development (APPETD) and adheres to their code of ethics and good practice.
- Associate membership as a Training Institution of Coaches and Mentors of South Africa (COMENSA).