Accreditation & Recognition
SACAP is a leading accredited independent provider of education in Applied Psychology and offers learner a range of accredited degree, diploma and certificate programmes.
We are registered as a Private Higher Education Institution in terms of section 54 (1) (c) of the Higher Education Act, 1997 (Act 101 of 1997), and regulation 16 (4) (a) of the regulations for the registration of Private Higher Education Institutions, 2002. Registration Certificate Number: 2005/HE07/001. Ongoing recognition status ensures that students are exposed to courses that are academically sound, and which deliver graduates with an accredited qualification.
- Registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) as a private higher education institution terms of section 54 (1) (c) of the Act and Regulation 16 (4) (a). Registration certificate number 2005/HE07/001.
- Accredited by the Council on Higher Education and registration of the following qualifications by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) on the NQF:
- NQF level 5 – Higher Certificate in Counselling and Communication Skills (Contact and Distance) (SAQA ID 84966)
- NQF level 6 – Advanced Certificate in Counselling and Communication Skills (Contact) (SAQA ID 88524)
- NQF level 6 – Diploma in Counselling and Communication (Contact)(SAQA ID 62729)
- NQF level 7 – Bachelor of Applied Social Science (Contact and Distance) (SAQA ID 90844)
- NQF level 8 – Bachelor of Psychology (Contact)(SAQA ID 84166)
- NQF level 8 – Postgraduate Diploma in Coaching (Contact)(SAQA ID 93851)
- NQF level 8 – Bachelor of Social Science Honours in Psychology / Bachelor of Social Science Honours in Psychology (BPsych Equivalent) (Contact) (SAQA ID: 96448)
- The South African College of Applied Psychology (SACAP) has been accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE) to offer all of its qualifications at the following two sites of delivery:
- Cape Town: 1st Floor, Sunclare Building, 21 Dreyer Street, Claremont, 7708.
- Johannesburg: 1st Floor, 1 Sixty Jan Smuts, 160 Jan Smuts Avenue, Rosebank, 2196.
The Higher Certificate in Counselling and Communication Skills, Bachelor of Applied Social Science, and the Bachelor of Social Science Honours (Psychology) are also registered to be offered at the following newly approved site of delivery:
- Pretoria: North Block First Floor, Brookfield Office Park, 261 Middel Street, Neuw Muckleneuk, Pretoria, 0181.
- Associate membership as a Training Institution of Coaches and Mentors of South Africa (COMENSA).