Study a Coach Practitioner Programme
Fill in your details and a SACAP Admissions Officer will be in contact
SACAP’s Coach Practitioner Programme is a part-time, five month, short learning programme designed for working professionals. It will provide you with a foundation in professional coaching and equip you with both theory and practical skills to become a coach practitioner. We bring our unique psychological lens to coaching as an applied psychology and believe that in order to work effectively with others, one needs to understand and apply psychological principles within the scope of practice as a coach.
In addition to being trained in the coaching competencies set by the International Coach Federation (ICF), you will also receive personalised feedback and mentoring from ICF credentialed mentor coaches towards your professional development as a coach.
Coach Practitioner Programme
This 5-month part-time programme is ideal for working professionals looking for a foundation in coaching with a view to becoming a professional coach practitioner or as an internal coach within their existing organisation.
Available on campus in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg only
What can I do with this course?
- Pursue a career as a coach practitioner.
- Apply non-directive coaching conversations to support clients in achieving their goals.
- Apply coaching as an essential workplace skillset to have more effective conversations with others and build your team.
- Enhance management and leadership aptitudes through the application of coaching competencies.
- Apply your deepened self-awareness and increased insight into how people think, feel and behave within your relationships with others.
- Apply to ICF to credential as an Associate Certified Coach and/or COMENSA to credential as a COMENSA Coach Practitioner (subject to also gaining the prerequisite coaching hours experience).
- Apply for SACAP’s next level course, Advanced Coach Practitioner Programme, in order to take your professional coaching competencies to the next level.
- It is also a pathway to continue into SACAP’s Postgraduate Diploma in Coaching should you meet the admission requirements of that programme.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
- Subject to a selection process.
- Become an internationally accredited coach practitioner.
- Deepen your self-awareness and awareness of others.
- Explore tools, models and theories from psychology to apply in your coaching practice.
- Learn to successfully apply the full range of coaching competencies in conversations.
- Cultivate your presence as a coach.