Advanced Coach Practitioner Programme
SACAP’s Advanced Coach Practitioner Programme builds on SACAP’s Coach Practitioner Programme, taking you to the next level by deepening your coaching development.
This part-time, six month, short learning programme is designed for working professionals and includes a strong practical component within a robust theoretical framework. The programme includes exploring and applying different coaching models to assist you on the path to refining your own coaching approach. This also allows for further development of your professional coaching competencies. You will receive customised feedback about your demonstrated coaching skills and mentor coaching from International Coach Federation (ICF) credentialed mentor coaches. The programme also includes a coaching competency performance exam.
At a Glance
|Availability||On campus (Johannesburg and Cape Town).|
|Intakes||1 Intake per year|
|Modules and Credits||1 Evening Module (11 weeks).
2 Intensive Modules (4 consecutive days each).
|Practical support in developing your coaching competencies through:||4 Observed Sessions with customised feedback from an ICF credentialed coach.|
Together with the Coach Practitioner Programme, accredited by International Coach Federation (ICF) as an Accredited Coach Training Programme (ACTP) of 235 hours.
Recognised accredited (SAQA) training provider with COMENSA.
Is this course for me?
If you say yes to any of the following points, then SACAP’s Advanced Coach Practitioner Programme could be the perfect fit for you.
- Want to deepen your professional coaching competencies.
Seek credentialing as an International Coach Federation (ICF) Professional Certified Coach
Want to discover how to effectively apply adult learning principles in coaching conversations.
Want to learn how to facilitate learning, motivation and change in coaching conversations.
Look forward to applying coaching models to journey with others for sustainable change.
Want to explore ethical coaching practice in-depth.
Want to explore a variety of coaching approaches and models to hone your own coaching practice.
Seek further practical experience to hone your coaching aptitudes.
- Seek customised developmental feedback about your application of coaching competencies from an ICF credentialed coach.
- Want to study part-time while working full-time.
This short learning programme equips you with an integrated understanding of adult learning and change, offers an in-depth exploration of ethical practice in coaching, and exposes you to a range of coaching models including Group and Team Coaching.
What will I learn?
- Explore and critically evaluate the application of theories and concepts from adult learning in the coaching context.
- Learn a variety of robust coaching models and how to apply them with your coaching clients.
- Identify your strengths and challenges in your application of coaching competencies to further your professional development.
- Investigate models of change and their application within coaching.
- Examine how the richness of diversity can enhance coaching conversations.
- Learn a variety of Group and Team Coaching models
- Explore mental health, ethical boundaries for scope of practice and indicators for referral.
- Learn about the importance of supervision as an integral component of a professional coaching approach.
- Deepen your overall coaching competencies according to the International Coach Federation (ICF) competencies required of a Professional Certified Coach (PCC).
What can I do with this course?
- Pursue a career as a professional coach practitioner.
- Apply enhanced coaching competencies for effective conversations to create sustainable change in clients’ personal and professional lives.
- Work towards refining your own coaching model through exploring a variety of coaching approaches.
- Apply to ICF to credential as a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and/or COMENSA to credential as a COMENSA Senior Coach Practitioner (subject to also gaining the prerequisite coaching hours experience).
Minimum Admission Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience.
- Completion of SACAP’s Coach Practitioner Programme.
- Subject to a selection process.
- Become an internationally accredited professional coach practitioner
- Develop your knowledge and skill sets as a professional coach practitioner.
- Learn to apply enhanced coaching competencies, journeying with clients to effectively create change in their lives.
- Deepen your ethical understanding of coaching practice.
- Expand your application of coaching models.