Why take this course
This comprehensive qualification, with dual majors in Psychology and Business Management, will equip you to understand the interrelation between the external business landscape and the psychosocial factors within organisations.
This is particularly important given that building sustainable business expertise is complemented by sound insight into how to responsibly manage people at an individual, team and systemic level.
Successful graduates will be equipped for employment in a management role within an organisation, as an entrepreneur or admission into an honours degree or postgraduate studies in psychology, the social sciences or business management or related fields both locally and internationally.
Please note that our Business Management degree is only available on our Cape Town and Johannesburg campuses for our term 2 intake which starts in June 2020
What you can expect
Throughout the qualification, you’ll develop critical thinking skills and gain a depth of understanding into:
- Business management, strategic project management and operating processes.
- Solution-focussed innovation and entrepreneurship in the South African business landscape.
- Digitisation, information systems and the use of information technology to optimise new business opportunities.
- Economics, accounting, business finance and business markets.
- Psychology, mental wellbeing and people in a social context, including personality and developmental paradigms for understanding individual and group behaviour.
- Business law, corporate governance, business ethics, social responsibility and value-driven sustainability.
- Diversity and cross-cultural dynamics in the African context.
You’ll also develop:
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills such as communication and collaboration.
- Individual, group and team problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Skills to draw up and implement a business plan.
- Basic practical project management and entrepreneurial experience via Work Integrated Learning.
- Skills to conceptualise, plan, analyse and apply research in a business context.
- Skills to use Excel® to translate quantitative and qualitative data into information.
- Data management and application skills needed for differing business needs.
Specialise in psychology and business management.
A powerful blend of key business and people management skills.
Develop critical thinking, imagination and an entrepreneurial spirit
Who is this course for?
- Want to experience a person-centred education philosophy that refines the functional, emotional and practical skills that are essential for 21st-century business management
- Have an interest in the management of people and various business functions in an organisational context.
- Want a qualification that offers holistic theoretical and methodological understanding in both psychology, business practices related to finance, ethics, governance, digitisation, and sustainable socioeconomic development.
- Want to underpin your studies in business management with a second major in psychology.
- Want to gain practical work integrated learning experience as part of your studies to boost expertise and confidence in business management.
- Want an accredited qualification that is nationally benchmarked and internationally comparable.
You will be able to kick-start your career as a business professional or entrepreneur. This means that you can:
- Establish a professional brand by applying the knowledge and skills learned during your studies to add value as an employee in an organisation or as a business entrepreneur.
- Apply creativity, resourcefulness and knowledge of technology and business trends to drive innovation in your area of responsibility as an employee or as an entrepreneur.
- Use your practical skills, evidence-based reasoning and sound interpersonal skills in a range of environments with diverse individuals, groups, and teams.
- Be confident in having acquired the foundation competencies in business management, and with the necessary work experience, you can develop a career path to senior-level management or successful entrepreneurship.
- A National Senior Certificate or National Certificate (Vocational) with an achievement rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement 50-59%) or better in four designated subjects (including Life Orientation). Highly recommended: Numerical competency and data handling, OR
- A Senior Certificate (pre-2008) with Endorsement with English passed at Standard Grade or better, or an equivalent school-leaving certificate, OR
- A Higher Certificate (NQF level 5), SAQA verified equivalent qualification, Advanced Certificate, or Diploma in a cognate field, OR
- Applicants 24 years of age and older who do not meet the above requirements should provide a portfolio of evidence demonstrating formal, informal, and non-formal knowledge, training, work experience, and/or learning equivalent to an NQF level 5 qualification to support admission into the programme on the basis of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
How can I apply?
It’s easy, you can apply online. You will also need these docs
1. Application form
2. Certified copy of your ID
3. A Certified copy of your highest qualification
4. Character reference letter
5. Proof of application fee of R300.00
Apply Online HERE
- Next intake: Term 2 (Cape Town and Johannesburg only)
- Study options: On campus (Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg and Pretoria) and Online
- Duration: 3 years full-time, 5 years part-time Online
- Modules: 26
- Accreditation: NQF 7, CHE
- Work Integrated Learning: 200 hours, including mentoring