Accreditation and recognition
SACAP is a leading accredited independent private higher education provider in applied psychology and offers students a range of accredited certificate, diploma and degree programmes to choose from.
SACAP is registered as a Private Higher Education Institution in terms of section 54 (1) (c) of the Higher Education Act, 1997 (Act 101 of 1997), and regulation 16 (4) (a) of the regulations for the registration of Private Higher Education Institutions, 2002. Registration Certificate Number: 2005/HE07/001.
All of SACAP’s qualifications are accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE) and registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
What’s more, our four-year BPsych degree and our BPsych Equivalent Programme are both professionally endorsed by the Health Professions Council of South Africa and lead to the professional registration of Registered Counsellor.
Our Bachelor of Social Work is registered with the South African Council for Social Service Professions and leads to the professional registration of Social Worker.
Our continued registration and accreditation status ensures that students are exposed to programmes that are academically sound, nationally benchmarked and internationally comparable.
SACAP offers the following accredited qualifications:
- Higher Certificate in Counselling and Communication Skills (Contact and Distance) (NQF level 5, SAQA ID 84966)
- Advanced Certificate in Counselling and Communication Skills (Contact) (NQF level 6, SAQA ID 88524)
- Diploma in Counselling and Communication Skills (Contact and Distance) (NQF level 6)
- Bachelor of Applied Social Science (Contact and Distance) (NQF level 7, SAQA ID 90844)
- Bachelor of Psychology (Contact) (NQF level 8, SAQA ID 84166)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Coaching (Contact) (NQF level 8, SAQA ID 93851)
- Bachelor of Social Science Honours in Psychology (Contact and Distance) (NQF level 8, SAQA ID: 96448)
- Master of Social Science in Community Mental Health Promotion (Contact) (NQF level 9, SAQA ID: 101981)