Coach Practitioner Programme
SACAP’s Coach Practitioner Programme is a part-time, five month, short learning programme designed for working professionals. It will provide you with a foundation in professional coaching and equip you with both theory and practical skills to become a coach practitioner. We bring our unique psychological lens to coaching as an applied psychology and believe that in order to work effectively with others, one needs to understand and apply psychological principles within the scope of practice as a coach.
In addition to being trained in the coaching competencies set by the International Coach Federation (ICF), you will also receive personalised feedback and mentoring from ICF credentialed mentor coaches towards your professional development as a coach.
At a Glance
|Availability||On campus (Johannesburg and Cape Town).|
|Duration||5 months, plus Mentor Coaching.|
|Intakes||1 Intake per year|
|Modules and Credits||1 Evening Module (10 weekly sessions).
2 Intensive Modules (4 consecutive days each).
|Practical support in developing your coaching competencies through:||2 Observed Sessions with customised feedback from an ICF credentialed coach.
3 hours of Individual Mentor Coaching with ICF credentialed coaches.
7 hours of Group Mentor Coaching with ICF credentialed coaches.
Accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF) as an Approved Coach-Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) Programme of 120 hours.
Recognised accredited (SAQA) training provider with COMENSA.
Is this course for me?
If you say yes to any of the following points, then SACAP’s Coach Practitioner Programme could be the perfect fit for you.
- Want to work as a coach practitioner in helping others reach their potential, through actualising their desired goals.
- Want to study towards credentialing as an internationally accredited coach.
- Have a natural curiosity about how psychology can be applied in effective coaching.
- Have an optimistic outlook and are able to identify positives and possibilities.
- Consider yourself to be a self-directed learner who is courageous and willing to engage in self-exploration.
- Want to reflect on your own personal and professional development.
- Seek to increase your leadership impact and increase the engagement of your team members.
- Want to study part-time while working full-time.
What will I learn?
In this course, you will:
- Explore and critically evaluate the application of theories and concepts from psychology within the scope of practice as a coach.
- Deepen your insight into how people think, feel and behave.
- Learn how to create a context that is conducive to an effective coaching conversation.
- Learn how to have in-depth conversations with coaching clients that empower them to shift perspectives, create possibilities, as well as plan and implement the changes they desire.
- Learn how to cultivate your presence as a coach to develop others effectively.
- Increase your self-awareness and self-management.
- Learn the coaching competencies set by the International Coach Federation (ICF) and COMENSA.
- Receive customised developmental feedback and mentor coaching around your application of coaching competencies from an ICF credentialed coach.
What can I do with this course?
- Pursue a career as a coach practitioner.
- Apply non-directive coaching conversations to support clients in achieving their goals.
- Apply coaching as an essential workplace skillset to have more effective conversations with others and build your team.
- Enhance management and leadership aptitudes through the application of coaching competencies.
- Apply your deepened self-awareness and increased insight into how people think, feel and behave within your relationships with others.
- Apply to ICF to credential as an Associate Certified Coach and/or COMENSA to credential as a COMENSA Coach Practitioner (subject to also gaining the prerequisite coaching hours experience).
- Apply for SACAP’s next level course, Advanced Coach Practitioner Programme, in order to take your professional coaching competencies to the next level.
- It is also a pathway to continue into SACAP’s Postgraduate Diploma in Coaching should you meet the admission requirements of that programme.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
- Subject to a selection process.
- Become an internationally accredited coach practitioner.
- Deepen your self-awareness and awareness of others.
- Explore tools, models and theories from psychology to apply in your coaching practice.
- Learn to successfully apply the full range of coaching competencies in conversations.
- Cultivate your presence as a coach.