Why take our Human Resource Management course
This comprehensive qualification, with dual majors in Psychology and Human Resource Management, will build critical thinking skills and a depth of understanding of the individual within a social and organisational context.
You will also learn how to apply this knowledge to the workplace to increase employer and employee productivity and work satisfaction.
Specialise in human resource management.
Learn how to balance an individual’s needs within a team environment.
Gain essential practical human resource management skills.
Who is this course for?
- Have an interested in psychology and people, specifically in an organisational context.
- Have a desire to understand people and positively affect them in the workplace.
- Want a qualification that will give you comprehensive theoretical and methodological understandings in both psychology and human resource management.
- Want to underpin your studies in human resource management with a second major in psychology.
- Want to gain practical Work Integrated Learning experience to boost your expertise and confidence in human resource management.
- Want an accredited qualification that is nationally benchmarked and internationally comparable.
- Want a qualification that will provide multiple academic pathways for an honours degree or postgraduate studies in psychology, the social sciences, human resources or related fields.
- Want a qualification that will position you well for employment in human resources within an organisation.
Where can I study this degree?
You can study this degree at our Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg and Pretoria campuses – or on our well-established Online Campus.
Bachelor of Applied Social Science (psychology and human resource management) modules
Core Psychology Major
- Academic Literacy (NQF 5, 12 credits)
- Introduction to Psychology A (NQF 5, 12 credits)
- Introduction to Psychology B (NQF 5, 12 credits)
- Counselling Modalities 1 (NQF 5, 14 credits)
- Counselling Modalities 2 (NQF 5, 14 credits)
- Diversity in the South African Context (NQF 5, 14 credits)
- Developmental Psychology A (NQF 5, 14 credits)
- Developmental Psychology B (NQF 6, 14 credits)
- Statistics for the Social Sciences (NQF 6, 14 credits)
- Community Psychology (NQF 6, 14 credits)
- Social Psychology (NQF 6, 14 credits)
- Theories of Personality (NQF 7, 14 credits)
- Psychopathology (NQF 7, 14 credits)
- Applied Research Methodology (NQF 7, 14 credits)
- Research Report (NQF 7, 20 credits)
Download our Psychology major module descriptors here
Human Resource Management Major
- Human Resource Management 1 (NQF 5, 14 credits)
- Business Management Fundamentals 1 (NQF 5, 14 credits)
- Employee Relations Management 1 (NQF 6, 15 credits)
- Business Management Fundamentals 2 (NQF 6, 14 credits)
- Human Resource Management 2 (NQF 6, 14 credits)
- Learning and Development (NQF 6, 14 credits)
- Organisational Development 1 (NQF 6, 14 credits)
- Employee Relations Management 2 (NQF 7, 14 credits)
- Human Resource Management 3 (NQF 7, 14 credits)
- Organisational Development 2 (NQF 7, 12 credits)
- Work Integrated Learning (Human Resource Management) (Part 1 and 2) (NQF 7, 20 credits)
Download our human resource management major module descriptors here
- A National Senior Certificate or National Certificate (Vocational) with an achievement rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement 50-59%) or better in four designated subjects (including Life Orientation), OR
- A Senior Certificate (pre-2008) with Endorsement with English passed at Standard Grade or better, or an equivalent school-leaving certificate, OR
- A Higher Certificate (NQF level 5), SAQA verified equivalent qualification, Advanced Certificate, or Diploma in a cognate field, OR
- Applicants 24 years of age and older who do not meet the above requirements should provide a portfolio of evidence demonstrating formal, informal, and non-formal knowledge, training, work experience, and/or learning equivalent to an NQF level 5 qualification to support admission into the programme on the basis of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
How can I apply?
It’s easy, you can apply online. You will also need these docs
1. Application form
2. Certified copy of your ID
3. A Certified copy of your highest qualification
4. Character reference letter
5. Proof of application fee of R300.00
Apply Online HERE
- Next intake: 3 Intakes per year
- Study options: On campus (Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg and Pretoria) and Online
- Duration: 3 year full-time, 5 years part-time Online
- Modules: 26
- Accreditation: NQF 7, CHE
- Work Integrated Learning: 3 months, full-time including mentoring
SACAP 2020 Fee Structure
Click here to view our 2020 fees