Why take this course
This comprehensive qualification, with dual majors in Psychology and Human Resource Management, will build critical thinking skills and a depth of understanding of the individual within a social and organisational context.
You will also learn how to apply this knowledge to the workplace to increase employer and employee productivity and work satisfaction.
What you can expect
You’ll get an introductory understanding into:
- Psychology, mental health and people in a social context, including personality and developmental paradigms for understanding individual and group behaviour.
- Psychological challenges and models for understanding behaviour.
- The macro and micro business environments, business ethics and processes.
- Applied human resource management strategies, policies and procedures.
- The application of labour law and labour relations.
- Organisation development and individual, team and organisational change models and principles.
- Diversity and cross-cultural dynamics in the South African workplace context.
You will also develop:
- Interpersonal and group communication skills, including development and management strategies.
- Skills to design, implement, monitor and evaluate human resource programmes.
- Practical human resource management experience via Work Integrated Learning.
- Skills to conceptualise, plan, analyse and interpret research.
- Financial literacy in understanding and applying basic financial and accounting principles in a human resource management context.
Specialise in human resource management.
Learn how to balance an individual’s needs within a team environment.
Gain essential practical human resource management skills.
Who is this course for?
- Have an interested in psychology and people, specifically in an organisational context.
- Have a desire to understand people and positively affect them in the workplace.
- Want a qualification that will give you comprehensive theoretical and methodological understandings in both psychology and human resource management.
- Want to underpin your studies in human resource management with a second major in psychology.
- Want to gain practical Work Integrated Learning experience to boost your expertise and confidence in human resource management.
- Want an accredited qualification that is nationally benchmarked and internationally comparable.
- Want a qualification that will provide multiple academic pathways for an honours degree or postgraduate studies in psychology, the social sciences, human resources or related fields.
- Want a qualification that will position you well for employment in human resources within an organisation.
- A National Senior Certificate or National Certificate (Vocational) with an achievement rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement 50-59%) or better in four designated subjects (including Life Orientation), OR
- A Senior Certificate (pre-2008) with Endorsement with English passed at Standard Grade or better, or an equivalent school-leaving certificate, OR
- A Higher Certificate (NQF level 5), SAQA verified equivalent qualification, Advanced Certificate, or Diploma in a cognate field, OR
- Applicants 24 years of age and older who do not meet the above requirements should provide a portfolio of evidence demonstrating formal, informal, and non-formal knowledge, training, work experience, and/or learning equivalent to an NQF level 5 qualification to support admission into the programme on the basis of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
How can I apply?
It’s easy, you can apply online. You will also need these docs
1. Application form
2. Certified copy of your ID
3. A Certified copy of your highest qualification
4. Character reference letter
5. Proof of application fee of R300.00
Apply Online HERE
- Next intake: 3 Intakes per year
- Study options: On campus (Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg and Pretoria) and Online
- Duration: 3 year full-time, 5 years part-time Online
- Modules: 26
- Accreditation: NQF 7, CHE
- Work Integrated Learning: 3 months, full-time including mentoring