Why take this course
If you are new to the field or looking to enhance your understanding of business fundamentals, the Higher Certificate in Business Management is a strong starting point.
The vocational NQF 5 level qualification provides a solid foundation in various aspects of business including a broad knowledge and skills of management functions (planning, organising, leading and controlling) as well as insight into functional areas in a business such as marketing, supply chain and project management.
Upon graduating, you will be able to apply your expertise in real-world work settings plus have the option to specialise in Business Management or one of the functional areas of a business.
Completion of the Higher Certificate in Business Management further opens the door for you to pursue SACAP’s Bachelor of Applied Social Science. This paves the way for a dynamic and rewarding academic journey.
This Higher Certificate is a digitally-led learning journey with feedback from a class facilitator. It is ideal for those who value the flexibility to balance their daily commitments and studies and to work at their own pace while meeting weekly milestones.
What you can expect
- Business concepts and principles
- Management principles of planning, organising, leading and controlling
- Business value chain
- Operations management
- HR management
- Marketing management
- Financial management
- Risk management
- Inventory management
- Warehouse management
- Logistics and transportation management
- Project management
You will also develop:
- Business, digital and academic literacy skills
- Understanding of the use of Artificial Intelligence in business
- An alternative entry point into higher education with an emphasis on business management skills
- NQF accredited programme
- A vocational qualification that is skills-based
- A broad overview of the business management discipline enabling you to choose a specialisation for further study in business management, marketing, finance, operations, risk, supply chain and more.
Take the first step into the world of Business Management
Formalise your existing skillset with an entry-level qualification
Learn how to promote human productivity and achieve organisational goals
Who is this course for?
- Individuals who have completed Grade 12 but are ineligible for diploma or degree programmes.
- Those currently in junior roles within organisations who aspire to move into managerial positions in the future.
- Aspiring entrepreneurs who want to either launch a new business venture or enhance the growth prospects of their existing business.
Inside the classroom
- This qualification takes a digitally-led approach to learning where progress is supported with ongoing semi-autonomous grading and assessments (e.g. multiple-choice quizzes). A dedicated facilitator helps students navigate the course and refine their learning skills as needed.
- Enjoy facilitator feedback on learning activities and assessments plus ongoing support from your peers.
- The learning materials include multimedia content, readings, interactive learning activities, Q&A sessions and discussions.
- Weekly schedule: Materials are released on a Monday morning and students follow structured learning activities including interactive learning activities and/or discussions and/or quizzes using multimedia resources, infographics and readings.
- Administrative Assistant
- Customer Service Representative
- Sales Coordinator
- Retail Assistant
- Assistant Project Coordinator
- Junior Marketing Assistant
- Procurement Assistant
- Inventory Clerk
- Logistics Assistant
- Office Coordinator
- Assistant Manager Trainee
- Small Business Manager
Higher Certificate in Business Management Modules
- Professional Communication and Digital Landscape (NQF 5, 12 credits)
- Introduction to Business Management (NQF 5, 14 credits)
- Effective Functions in Organisations (NQF 5, 14 credits)
- Understanding Organisational Behaviour (NQF 5, 14 credits)
- Diversity in the South African Context (NQF 5, 14 credits)
- Principles of Economics (NQF 5, 14 credits)
- Marketing Management (NQF 5, 12 credits)
- Supply Chain Management (NQF 5, 14 credits)
- Project Management (NQF 5, 12 credits)
British Accreditation Council (BAC)
SACAP is fully accredited by the British Accreditation Council (BAC) as an Independent Higher Education Institution
The BAC accreditation is a globally recognised hallmark of quality assurance, and achieving this accreditation demonstrates that we have met the high standards set by the BAC. This accreditation is validation of our commitment to excellence and our mission to provide our students with a world-class education that prepares them for success in their future careers.
Our students can be assured that their education provider has met a gold standard. To maintain BAC accreditation SACAP needs to continue to meet BAC’s standards. BAC ensure that colleges, universities and training providers provide high quality education and a great learning experience for students.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
- A National Senior Certificate with a minimum of 45% in English as certified by the Council for General and Further Education and Training (Umalusi). OR
- A National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4 with a minimum of 45% in English issued by the Council for General and Further Education and Training (Umalusi). OR
- A Senior Certificate (pre-2008) with a minimum overall D-aggregate (50%) with a minimum of 45% in English, or an equivalent school leaving certificate. OR
- Applicants 24 years of age and older who do not meet the above requirements should provide a portfolio of evidence demonstrating formal, informal, and non-formal knowledge, training, work experience, and/or learning equivalent to a National Senior Certificate (NQF level 4) to support admission into the programme on the basis of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
See SACAP’s full Admissions Policy here
How can I apply?
You will also need these docs
- SACAP application form
- Certified copy of highest level of study
- Certified copy of ID
- Proof of Application fee of R300.00
Apply Online here
- Duration: 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
- Modules: 9
- Accreditation: NQF 5, CHE Accredited
SACAP Fee Structure
Click here to see our fees
Credit Accumulation Transfer (CAT)
Yes, for certain modules within the Bachelor of Applied Social Science (Psychology and Business Management).