A career in psychology
Graduates who have studied psychology can build significant careers in areas where having a grounded knowledge of psychology, an applied skill set and well developed research and writing skills, is valued.
Examples include, amongst others, careers in:
- Community and social development and health and welfare agencies.
- Social policy research and development.
- Advocacy agencies.
- Psychosocial intervention programmes.
- Market research.
- Human resources and employee wellness.
- Services for disability and ageing.
- Counselling and Mental health services.
- Juvenile justice, immigration and refugee support services.
- Programme management, project management and implementation.
Some students study psychology with the aim of becoming psychologists. See “Becoming a Psychologist“.